The college has put plans in place in case of a bush fire emergency as per department requirements, students have been made aware of procedures to follow in case of an emergency.
In the event of a bush fire emergency in the region the following will occur:
- Regional and Central Office will advise the College if an evacuation is required.
- The College will then contact parents via SMS to apprise you of the situation and if a relocation is required.
- If necessary, when it is safe to do so, the College will contact you via SMS to advise specific instructions regarding when and where your child should be collected from. For safety and logistical reasons please do not come to collect your child until you receive the SMS from the College.
In the event of a pre-emptive (planned) closure due to a bushfire in the region the following will occur:
- Regional and Central Office will advise the College if a pre-emptive closure is required.
- Parents will be notified of the closure via SMS, email, our website and Facebook page.
- When deemed safe by the Department of Fire and Emergency Services and Regional and Central Office, the College will be inspected and authorised to reopen.
- Parents will then be contacted to advise the date the College will reopen and students are able to resume attending.