Aveley Secondary College Education Support Hub provides specialist educational programs for students (7-12) with intellectual disabilities, physical disabilities, sensory impairments, autistic spectrum disorders. Enrolment may be offered to students in the following diagnostic categories:
- Students with an Intellectual Disability who are eligible for an Individual Disability Allocation under this category;
- Students with eligibility for an Individual Disability Allocation for Autism Spectrum Disorder and a demonstrated high educational need;
- Students with eligibility for an Individual Disability Allocation for Physical Disability and a demonstrated high educational need.
There are eligibility requirements around enrolment placements. An individualised assessment is made of all incoming enrolments. As the College is under accommodation pressure, spaces are limited. Preference is given to students in the local intake area and proximity to the school should the number of requests exceed available placements.
Specialist Education Support Teachers and Education Assistants deliver evidence-based, individualised programmes to develop each student’s educational, physical and social skills. Our integrated location within the mainstream campus allows us to tailor the education experience for each student, so that they can learn and access facilities and resources across the College as appropriate. Students can learn in the Education Support building, or participate in mainstream classes with support from an Education Assistant, depending on their individual needs.
At Aveley Secondary College Education Support Hub, we believe:
- Every student can achieve success
- Every student can learn in the least restrictive environment that meets their individual needs
- Every student can have the skills and supports to have a fulfilling life
As part of the enrolment application process, parent and student agreement is required on a number of policies prior to commencing at the College. Education Support students work to whole school standards and expectations around attendance, dress code and other administrative requirements.
If you have any enrolment questions and would like to obtain an Expression of Interest for enrolment please contact our enrolments officer using the following details and indicate that it is an Education Support Enquiry.
Ph: 6296 1000