Aveley Secondary College is a supportive and inclusive community that focuses on providing its employees with a workplace that is stimulating, rewarding, innovative and enriching.
As a new College we expect to expand one year group at a time and opportunities to show initiative, participate in leadership opportunities and grow professionally will be a feature of our staff profile. Staff will be expected to be flexible and respond to the needs of our students. Aveley Secondary College has a distinct culture and pedagogy and staff need to understand and commit to high expectations and standards. All teaching as well as non-teaching staff share the college’s ethos.
The recruitment for 2020 staff will be a major focus in Term 3 2019 for teaching and support staff.
At Aveley Secondary College we are vibrant, innovative and collaborative.
All staff will:
- Fully commit to the implementation of our Business Plan
- Commit to the development of a Professional Learning Community
- Commit to Explicit Direct Instruction in our teaching
- Participate in peer and other observations
- Engage students in the feedback process
- Understand the value of formative assessment and systematically measuring student progress
- Engage with students and parents through the learning management systems Connect and Academy
- Regularly interrogate data and use it to inform planning
- Align our work with Hattie’s Visible Learning, Dufour’s Professional Learning Communities, Marzano’s The Art and Science of Teaching, the work of Rosenshine, Hollingsworth, Ybarra and Fleming in principles of Explicit Direct Instruction
- Engage in Professional Learning for classroom management and instructional strategies
- Actively promote the principles of Positive Behaviour in Schools
- Are technologically literate and fully integrate our BYOD program
- Value ongoing professional learning, are reflective in our practice, and learn with our peers to improve the quality of instruction
- Lead and promote co-curricular programs to create opportunities for all students
- Have compassion for each and every child
- Value each child and develop deep relationships based on trust and respect
- Expect to dress professionally
- Set and maintain high standards in professional communication
- Strive to develop a culture of excellence
As a new school we meet with our staff through a formal induction as well as ongoing professional learning:
- New staff usually attend two days of professional learning in Term Four prior to commencement
- Attend an additional induction day at the start of the year in lieu of the end of the year
Aveley Secondary College is a Private Public Partnership school. Consequently, Cleaners, Grounds and Maintenance staff will not be appointed by the College however interested applicants can contact Spotless.
Teach in WA App
Download the app so you can see jobs as they are advertised
All positions will be listed on the Jobs Board
If you are interested in applying for relief work please send the following documentation to Aveley.firstname.lastname@example.org
Teachers and non teaching staff need to provide their:
- Copy of your Working With Children Check card
- Resume including a phone number, email and address
- What subject or area you specialise in
Teaching staff are also required to provide a copy of their Teachers Registration Board letter/email including the number and expiry date.
For gardening and cleaning positions please contact Spotless.