We have developed a Connected Learning strategy to ensure your child continues to receive the best possible education in response to the circumstances brought about by the COVID-19 pandemic.
Accessing the Education Support Hub Web Page
- Your teacher will email your child’s Aveley SC google account login to you.
- Click this link to access the ASC Website https://sites.google.com/aveleysc.wa.edu.au/home/home
- You will be prompted to login with your child’s Aveley SC google account.
- Click on Education Support.
- Click on your child’s classroom teacher
- Click on the relevant day of the week.
- Your child’s work for the day will appear.
We understand that electronic delivery may not suit some students with disabilities. For some students we will have boxes of work activities and supplies, such as worksheets, art and craft materials and educational resources, available to collect at school. Your child’s teacher will contact you with the details.
Connected Learning FAQs
- Is my child still expected to wear school uniform at home?
No, students are not required to wear the College uniform during this time – however, students must wear appropriate clothing during the school day. The normal expectations and standards as per the Student Code of Conduct apply.
- How do I let the College know if my child is unwell or unable to participate in the connected learning program?
Absences can be communicated to the College through email Aveley.firstname.lastname@example.org or text 0439 695 467
- How will my child know if their teacher is absent?
Absences will be communicated to students and parents via email. Teachers will still provide learning materials and instructions for the lesson as per usual.
- Will my child still complete regular assessments?
Students may be required to complete assessments online. Some assessments might be altered to suit online learning. We will take the circumstances into account.
- What do I do if my child has a technical problem?
Please report technical problems to Aveley.email@example.com Please outline the technical problem and include screenshots if applicable.
- What if I have a poor internet connection?
Your home internet connection cannot be improved by the College but a few items that may help are:
Improve your bandwidth by reducing the usage of other services during class time (i.e. Netflix, Spotify, YouTube etc).
Contact your internet provider to increase your plan speed.
Turn off video during Video Call and use audio only.
- What does the school expect of the carer or parent?
We ask you to be a partner in troubleshooting problems but we do not expect you to be a teacher. We will all need to be patient as we develop skills in online learning.
- My child is struggling, what do I do?
Please contact your classroom teacher.